Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My Frame

Pretty much since I moved in to my apartment in Sacramento I've been looking for something to hang on the wall. I have a big empty wall in my room so I figured it would have to be something big.  Problem is that big things cost lots of money. Even though I could find posters that I would like to hang, the cheap poster frames are just too cheap looking and a poster frame that looks like an actual frame costs over $30. So basically my desire was put on hold for months. Then as I was recovering from my sinus surgery I got an idea somehow. I could just build my own frame! So I went to lowes and got some wood for only $4. I came home and cut it on mom and dad's saw. Dad actually had these little clamps specifically for making frames so that was convenient. Then I painted it and just now I received the $7 poster to put in it and finally get it put on my wall.




I'm quite proud of myself

5 comments:

Pam said...

It looks great...how about making one for me too!

christy said...

me too. my birthday is april 25. however, considering how i still don't have any photos in those 3 frames in my room, can you imagine how long it would take me to fill a huge frame?! hmmm...

The Whetstone Family said...

Nice! I'd want you to make me one, too, if we were closer!

Kristal said...

Sign me up for one too!! Is there a Sister-in-law's day?

dancerchick said...

Wow! That looks really good! You Patten boys are so handy!