So I took 4 graphic design classes in community college and while they were challenging and caused a great deal of stress, I still loved those classes. But since finishing those classes, I have had to take other classes that are required for a graphic design degree but aren't necissarily graphic design. It feels like its been so long since those graphic design classes and I find myself often questioning if I even want to do i still. But every so often I get an opportunity to flex my design muscle and remember that I do enjoy graphic design and persuing a degree in it is a good move. Recently Christy asked me to make a logo for a mock fashion company she made for one of her FIDM classes. Logos are tough because you start from scratch usually so you have to try to grasp the character or the feel of whatever company or thing you are designing for. But this opportunity gave me another chance to show myself that I'm making the right decisions. And since I haven't blogged in a while I thought I'd take a look back at all the logos I've made in the past couple years. (of course they're all for fun/education)
This was the very first logo I ever made in my design class
for my own personal stationary and stuff
I later revisted it and changed/improved it.
Its still sort of a work in progress but I like where its going
This one I did for a computer graphics class.
It's more illustration than design but I thought it was pretty nifty
This one was just for fun, to pretend Butters was runnign for public office
I also revisited it later and made it better
This one was for the family vacation shirts. Its sort of a logo....
And finally this is the one I made for Christy
Now, if only if I can devise some sort of plot to get paid to do this...
3 comments:
You got talent!
ok...that last comment was mine! Christy was using my computer again!
haha oh mom...everytime! lol...but, yes, jim, you got talent! ;-)
Someday you WILL get paid to do this and I'll get paid to have a fashion store!
Post a Comment