So the other day mom was going through some memories and she came upon Charlie's adoption form. We adopted him on June 26th, 1991. He was born somewhere between November of 1990 and February of 1991. He lived until July 12, 2008 when he was about 17 years old. I know we have a lot of pictures of the younger Charlie around somewhere. The ones I can find on my computer are all in his later years.
This was when he was more spry, doing what he loved to do; dig under things and try to catch wild animals.
Whenever you went in the backyard, Charlie would always want follow you and hang out. One time I was trying to take a photo of a tree at night. So the camera was on the ground pointed up and I clicked the timer and set it down so it would be stable. Just then, Charlie came over and put his face in the frame andtook the Camera's focus off of the tree! Silly dog.
Sleeping was another favorite past time of his, espcially later in life.
We got Butters before Charlie died, so they had an opportunity to meet and it seemed as though Charlie mentored Butters a bit. They wandered the yard together sometimes.
Another thing Charlie used to always do was eat Grass. I remember when I was little, Charlie would eat a whole lot of it and then barf it up on the patio. Mom was never pleased. haha. But he kept on eating his veggies as a senior dog
He even taught Butters the importance of having a diet balanced with greens
Here are a couple more I found from his youthful years:
It was very sad to see him go, but he lived a long life and made us kids very happy. Not sure what the plan is for animals after death, but I hope we get to see him again. He was a very good dog.




3 comments:
Awww, Charlie! I forgot how adorable he was! Remember when he said watermelon?
haha. he was so talented
He looks so young in that last picture and so clean!
Post a Comment