Saturday, June 19, 2010
Sac State Orientation
So on Friday the 18th I got up at 4AM to drive off to Sacramento for Orientation t hat started at 8AM. I don't think I've ever driven that far all by myself, but thank goodness for GPS. They allow you to take a guest and I figured I didn't really want to bring my mommy along so I got a friend to go with me. But it turns out that all the other guests were parents and they separate you much of the day so it sort of defeated the purpose. I guess it was worth it though so I wasn't completely alone. It was pretty annoying though. I thought I was going to have to take a couple of more GE classes when I got there, but they sprung some more requirements on me and I am going to be spending a lot of time on GE. Whats worse is that my major is impacted, so they only accept 40 students a year by portfolio review. But the good news is that if I don't get accepted next spring, I can spend that year finishing up my GE classes and then reapply and I won't really have lost any time. They have you register for classes there and they were pretty much all full. I was able to get into my graphic design classes, but all the GE classes I wanted to take were full. So who knows. I may be there a while.
Its a beautiful campus. So many trees and its pretty much all flat. Unlike Ohlone which used to have trees but they cut them all down and its built on a cliff. You pretty much have to go rock climbing to get from place to place. But I digress.
After orientation I went to the apartment to refresh my memory so I can plan what to bring when I move. My friend mike that I brought was pretty impressed with the place. He's going to nursing school somewhere near Sacramento so he said he's going to look into getting a place at the element too. That will be cool if I can have a friend already in the complex! It will make meeting new friends much easier for me.
It will be very exciting to be out on my own. I hesitate to say "I can't wait" because I know that with it comes school, and I really enjoy being on summer vacation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
A new Adventure! But until then...how about painting the shed!
Post a Comment