Saturday, December 11, 2010

*sigh* I hate titles.

Ever since the Ohlone College Student Art & Design show a few years ago I've been able to call myself an award winning designer. Now I can officially call myself an award winning professional graphic designer. Several months ago Richard King offered me the opportunity to design a concept for a brochure for his law firm. He said he would pay me for it even if he didn't end up liking it but if he did like it then more money would be in it for me. So I did. This all happened last July or August...its been so long now. I came back to him after 2 weeks and he loved it!*

* well he sort of loved it. he wanted some changes. This is what dragged the whole job on for about 4 months. I learned a lot about how I should do things in the future with clients, so it was a good experience. Last week I was finally able to deliver 1000 brochures. I am in Sacramento so I haven't been able to get my hands on a real one, but I can only assume that a box full of my cloned design is nothing short of adorable. Its an odd feeling to imagine that something that came out of your head is now duplicated and will be handed out and viewed by hundreds and hundreds of people. Anyway, here's a simulation of what the final thing looks like. Its pretty awesome!:

2 comments:

Pam said...

It was pretty awesome...from someone who saw it first hand!

Kristal said...

So cool Jim!