Tuesday, November 23, 2010

So Christy Tried To Kill Me

Sort of. I had a great weekend visiting Cory and Kristal and the kids in Tracy this weekend. Kevin and Lynn were in Fremont visiting mom and dad so I wanted to see them and also I would be able to get a train in Fremont to get back to Sacramento so Cory wouldn't have to take up half his day and gas tank taking me home. So on Sunday Christy came to pick me up in Tracy to take me back to Fremont. Everything was cool for about 5 minutes but then we were on the freeway on ramp. Suddenly Christy said something, I don't remember what exactly, but we had drifted too close to the side of the on ramp and the tire dropped off the pavement. So she kind of jerked the wheel back and the car just kind of went out of control entirely! Christy was saying things and then she screamed...I was just sort of looking around in disbelief that this was real. Finally we hit the curb on the other side of the road and I was expecting a roll-over. I grabbed the handle on the door and just held on as the car slid around in the dirt and finally plopped us out onto the freeway with the back of the car sticking out of the shoulder into the right lane. Oncoming cars started to clear out the lane and a couple of people stopped and helped direct us out of traffic.


The car seemed to be fine, although a wire got stuck in the wheel, but otherwise we were ok. As we sat there waiting for Cory to come with some tools to remove the wire I noticed that there was a near constant stream of traffic. Somehow we wound up spinning into that lane right when there was a rare lull in the traffic. A couple of days ago I sat in on a family time with Cory's family. He was telling the kids that some people thing that miracles don't happen anymore and that God doesn't talk to u anymore. Megan chimed in and said that miracles do happen, that it was a miracle when Stacy was involved in the 4 wheeling roll-over and was fairly unharmed. Reflecting on this experience I can't help but see the miracle that happened to us. For whatever reason the car didn't roll and there was no traffic on a normally busy freeway at the exact moment the car went out of control. I'm very thankful that for whatever reason Heavenly Father kept us safe.

5 comments:

christy said...

nice post =) i was just about to make one on my blog too! DEFINITELY a miracle!! that's all i can think about these last few days! we must be kept here to do something great!

Pam said...

Very True! We are very thankful this Thanksgiving for Heavenly Father's care. Scary...Scary...Scary!
Miracles happen every day.

The Whetstone Family said...

Yikes! Glad you guys were protected!

dancerchick said...

That's amazing nothing bad happened. What a blessing!

Kristal said...

Every time Cory brought up how you and Christy were so blessed to be alive I had to stop him so I wouldn't cry! I know it was a miracle and I am so thankful you two are alive! I love guys like my own brother and sister!!