Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Here We Go...



This is going to be one tense weekend for me. I will be submitting my portfolio to be reviewed by a committee of graphic design faculty at Sac State to decide whether or not I will be one of forty people accepted into the bachelors program. I will turn it in tomorrow the 12th and I will pick it up on the 16th and thats when they will let me know my fate.

Already my stomach is in knots just thinking about it. A lot of my classmates are making preparations for rejection but my plan B was to to work on a  marketing minor that I just found out isn't available anymore due to budget cuts. Only business majors can take marketing  classes now. What awaits me next semester will either be oodles of graphic design or German and ancient Greek history. I don't really want to think too much about it. A lot of my classmates are saying that they will give up on graphic design entirely if they don't get in. For me, I really don't see any option other than success. Theres nothing else that I really want to do. Maybe start a chain of pizza restaurants?

Whichever way it goes, I know that I'm going to need a nice long vacation this summer. Something....Disney perhaps?

5 comments:

The Whetstone Family said...

Good luck! By the way, there is a Jimmy's Pizza near our house!

christy said...

yes. disneyland. let's do that. think of the memories mom and dad! memories don't die. memories are priceless...just sayin'

Pam said...

As I said on the last entry....GOOD LUCK! You so deserve to get into the program!

Shawn Patten said...

well, my education plans haven't really gone according to plan either... need a partner in the pizza business? I'll meet you at the pirates ride...

The Whetstone Family said...

Hehe, guess blogger deleted my last comment--it was that there is a Jimmy's Pizza near our house here, but I guess now you won't be going that route anyway!