I know everyone complains about having to buy textbooks in college, but this is ridiculous. I think I've usually gotten off fairly easy as far as prices go. $80 give or take is about what I've had to pay for books individually. This week I had to get a math book for a whopping $195 after $15 of taxes. Seems like they'd want to give students a bit of a tax break, but thats another issue. Almost $200 for a dumb ol' math book! And its not like calculus or anything. It's "Math for Liberal Arts" which is basically just "Math for People Who Will Never Need to Use Math."
I got to thinking of all the great stuff that I could have spent that much money on. This is just a short list of some of the better stuff I could think of.
I could have had:
A 22 inch LCD TV
A Zune HD
An iPhone
A 55 Gallon Aquarium
2 Terabytes of hard drive space
A one-way flight to Hawaii
(couldn't afford a ticket back but why would I want to?)
40 Pizzas
Oh, what could have been. Instead I got this:
I guess fun is for the learn-ed. :'(
3 comments:
Such a rip-off! What you should be studying to do is being a textbook writer or editor. Then you'd be getting the big bucks!
Yea...actually...think of what dad and I could have had if we hadn't of had to cough up $195. for your textbook! In fact think of what we could have had if we hadn't of had to cough up all the $$$ for 5 kids and all their college text books and tution...it boggles the mind...I should figure that out...maybe not...it would be too depressing...hopefully though all you kids will find good jobs with your educations and take care of us in our old age...
Oh, you're splitting hairs mom. lol
Post a Comment