Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Interesting...

So it seems half of my professors this year are LDS. One of them graduated from BYU so that was a fairly easy one to guess. But my other professor was a bit more of a mystery. I always felt there was something familiar about him. But slowly the evidense began to pour in. First he mentioned that he had 5 kids. Then in another class he mentioned that he met his wife at a church dance. Later he mentioned incidentally that he was out of the country from 1986-1988. I was pretty convinced at this point and then I happened to notice on his blog he has a quote at the very bottom that reads "It is better to be trusted than loved - David O'McKay"

He's a pretty big-wig in the design department and he is part of the panel that reviews portfolios for entry into the program. Its kind of cool to see LDS people in high places : )

5 comments:

Pam said...

That is cool! Also that is a beautiful picture...where did you find it?

zoidberg said...

I just did a google image search for "LDS temple"

The Whetstone Family said...

Yeah, that picture is neat! It was also cool for Jason to find out how many people at General Mills are members! They even have a mormon lunch each month, although I don't think he's made it to one yet.

christy said...

let him know you're LDS too! maybe you should get one of those stupid bumper stickers for your bike! haha JK! don't do that. but maybe it'll help you get into the program! woot!

christy said...

mormons are everywhere