So this is kind of late, but on the tail end of Spring Break, I went to Wonder Con to see the sights and of Course the public debut of Cory and Matt's Plotless Comics. I went on friday and then again on staurday. On friday I kind of just wandered around. On saturday, I went with Christy and our friend Idris. He bought us nerdy t-shirts (I got a Battlestar Galactica one!) and we went to the bathroom to put them on.
Then we went and found Cory, and things looked pretty busy at his booth.
Cory's table was located right next to the asile with all the "celebrities." I use the quotes because a lot of them are old and haven't been in anything important since the 70's. But this time some people from the new Battlestar Galactica were there! I love the show so I was excited to see a few of the characters there and we got to say hi and take pictures.
First we met Richard Hatch (left) who is the evil Vice President on the new series and Captain Apollo in the original series. He was very cool. He told us he was the thumb wrestling champion and kinda looked like he was challenging one of us. I looked over at Cory Idris and Christy and no one volunteered so I jumped at the opportunity. So I played thumb wars with Richard Hatch! Christy got it on video.Then we saw Aaron Douglas from Battlestar Galactica (left) who plays Cheif Tyro. He was basically the head mechanic. He was nice too. Wanted us all to squish in for the photo.
Then we saw the guy who played Chewbacca in all 6 Star Wars movies! He's kind of a crazy looking guy, and he's super huge despite looking kind of skinny. Idris managed to get a wookie sound out of him too!
After all the excitment and overstimulation that happens at Wondercon with all its colorful stuff to see, we got on Bart and went back home. It was a really fun time and Cory really enjoyed exhibiting there.





1 comment:
Fun times!
Post a Comment